Clerk – Clarke
Pay Grade: D
Job Code: GSS081
Who we are. We protect lives. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to preventing disease, injury, and disability; promoting health and well-being; and preparing the State of Georgia for responding to disasters.
What we offer. As a member of the Georgia Department of Public Health team, you will join a passionate group of individuals who are dedicated to making an impact. No matter your role, you will individually contribute to protecting the lives of all Georgians while receiving a wide range of benefits, so you can:
- Make a Professional Impact – Build your career where it matters and protect lives in the community where you live, work, and play
- Enjoy Workplace Flexibility – Experience flexibility in how you work so you can be your best self for you and Georgia Residents
- Work with a Dynamic and Diverse Team– Collaborative and inclusive way of working where employees share ideas and leverage collective strengths
- Achieve Career Longevity – Countless opportunities for continuous learning/development that support a long-term career
- Take Part in a Hands-on Working Culture – Unique culture of active engagement and problem-solving, no matter your role
- Feel Pride in Where you Work – Be part of making an impact in public health alongside dedicated people just like you
The Clarke County Health Department is seeking a Clerk for its Athens location. The ideal candidate will perform a variety of clerical duties in support of the health department programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to data entry skills, ability to maintain detailed filing and record systems, and numerical accuracy. Must have good interviewing and communication skills. Requires good customer service and computer skills. Good reading and comprehension abilities. Other duties as assigned in support of management and staff.
As a Clerk within the Clarke County Health Department at the Georgia Department of Public Health, you will join a dedicated group of public health professionals that help support the overall mission and vision of protecting lives of Georgian residents in a variety of ways.
High School diploma or GED AND Two years of general office or administrative experience.
Annual salary $33,200 plus generous benefits that include 13 paid holidays, annual and sick leave, health insurance, and retirement plans.