Clerk – WIC
Pay Grade: D
Job code: GSS081
Who we are. We protect lives. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to preventing disease, injury, and disability; promoting health and well-being; and preparing the State of Georgia for responding to disasters.
What we offer. As a member of the Georgia Department of Public Health team, you will join a passionate group of individuals who are dedicated to making an impact. No matter your role, you will individually contribute to protecting the lives of all Georgians while receiving a wide range of benefits, so you can:
- Make a Professional Impact – Build your career where it matters and protect lives in the community where you live, work, and play
- Enjoy Workplace Flexibility – Experience flexibility in how you work so you can be your best self for you and Georgia Residents
- Work with a Dynamic and Diverse Team– Collaborative and inclusive way of working where employees share ideas and leverage collective strengths
- Achieve Career Longevity – Countless opportunities for continuous learning/development that support a long-term career
- Take Part in a Hands-on Working Culture – Unique culture of active engagement and problem-solving, no matter your role
- Feel Pride in Where you Work – Be part of making an impact in public health alongside dedicated people just like you
Currently, the Clarke County Health Department seeks a Clerk to provide support to the WIC Program. The WIC program duties will involve greeting patients, answering phones, obtaining confidential information from patients, entering information into a computer, and filing paperwork consistent with United States Department of Agriculture WIC Program policies and procedures. Must be comfortable with speaking with clients one-on-one. Must have good math skills, data entry skills, and an ability to maintain detailed filling and record systems. Must be able to work effectively in a high stress, changing environment. Requires good customer service, computer skills, and ability to multitask. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
As a Clerk within the Clarke County Health Department at the Georgia Department of Public Health, you will join a dedicated group of public health professionals that help support the overall mission and vision of protecting lives of Georgian residents in a variety of ways.
You will support the Department by utilizing your expertise to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Assist in day-to-day operations of the WIC clinic.
- Determine eligibility of participants of the WIC program.
- Perform general clerical duties, issue coupons, answer the telephone, and make appointments.
- Follows up on no-show clients, prepares and sends participant correspondence, and appointment reminders.
- Greets participants of the WIC program with courtesy and communicates to participants their rights and responsibilities and the use of WIC coupons.
- Works as a fill-in during the absence of other agency staff on an as-needed basis.
- Participates in in-service and staff meetings, including external meetings and trainings as requested. This includes state-mandated training sessions.
- Any other work as assigned by the supervisor
High School diploma or GED AND Two years of general office or administrative experience.
Annual salary $33,200 plus generous benefits including 13 paid holidays, annual and sick leave, health insurance, and retirement plans.
No phone calls or applications are accepted ONLINE ONLY through the link posted.