Pay Grade: H
Job Code: HCP020
Who we are. We protect lives. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to preventing disease, injury, and disability; promoting health and well-being; and preparing the State of Georgia for responding to disasters.
What we offer. As a member of the Georgia Department of Public Health team, you will join a passionate group of individuals who are dedicated to making an impact. No matter your role, you will individually contribute to protecting the lives of all Georgians while receiving a wide range of benefits, so you can:
- Make a Professional Impact – Build your career where it matters and protect lives in the community where you live, work, and play
- Enjoy Workplace Flexibility – Experience flexibility in how you work so you can be your best self for you and Georgia Residents
- Work with a Dynamic and Diverse Team– Collaborative and inclusive way of working where employees share ideas and leverage collective strengths
- Achieve Career Longevity – Countless opportunities for continuous learning/development that support a long-term career
- Take Part in a Hands-on Working Culture – Unique culture of active engagement and problem-solving, no matter your role
- Feel Pride in Where you Work – Be part of making an impact in public health alongside dedicated people just like you
Currently, the Northeast Health District WIC Office is seeking a Nutritionist to provide clinical coverage at the Jackson County Health Department. Under general supervision, plans and conducts service or nutritional programs to promote family health and control of obesity. Provides health education, nutritional assessment, breastfeeding education and counseling to individuals, groups, or the public consistent with United States Department of Agriculture WIC Program policies and procedures. Serves as a resource for referral to family planning and immunization as well as other appropriate Health Department and community programs and services. A typical work week consists of one 10-hour day, three 8-hour days, and a 6-hour day on Friday.
As a Nutritionist within the WIC Department at the Georgia Department of Public Health, you will join a dedicated group of public health professionals that help support the overall mission and vision of protecting lives of Georgian residents in a variety of ways.
You will support the Department by utilizing your expertise to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Advises clients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation
- Assesses nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Consults with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritionals needs and diet restrictions of client
- Counsels individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, health eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life
- Develops curriculum and prepares manuals, visual aids, course outlines, and other materials used in teaching
- Plans, develops, implement and evaluates strategies for promoting and supporting breastfeeding
- Obtain anthropometric measurements.
- Conduct hemoglobin tests
Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, human nutrition, foods and nutrition, nutrition education, food systems management, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university; AND Verification statement of completion of a didactic program accredited by The Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics.
Annual salary $42,700, plus generous benefits including 13 paid holidays, annual and sick leave, health insurance, and retirement plans.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
No phone calls or applications are accepted ONLINE ONLY through the link posted.