Environmental Health Specialist 2 or 3(Lead and Healthy Homes Coordinator)
As an accredited public health department, we’re seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of District Lead & Healthy Homes Coordinator to join the Office of Health Protection/Environmental Health section in Athens, GA.
For more information about how Environmental Health impacts the communities we serve, click here: https://youtu.be/x18wNgubfi8
Under supervision, this position will primarily serve as District Lead and Healthy Home Coordinator for the assigned health district. Will perform duties in all aspects of the program to include, but not limited to:
- Conducting case reviews, inspections, risk assessments and writing reports.
- Providing guidance and education to families and the medical community.
- Coordinating outreach to a variety of audiences.
- Conducting enforcement activities.
- Serving as topic expert for the district in childhood lead poisoning.
*Local travel is required for this position.
EHS 2: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which included the completion of 27 semester hours (or 40 quarter hours) in laboratory sciences (e.g., chemistry, biology, geology, physics, etc.) AND One year of experience at the lower level PH Envir Compl Specialist 1 (RCP120) or position equivalent.
EHS 3: Minimum qualifications AND One Year of experience at the lower level, PH Environmental Compliance Specialist 2 or position equivalent.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Environmental Health/Science.
- Certified Georgia Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor.
- Certified Healthy Homes Specialist.
*A copy of college transcript MUST BE INCLUDED when applying for this position.
Certification as a Georgia Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor will be required within 120 days of starting employment per provided training.