The goal of the Department of Public Health pools program is to:
- Reduce substantial health hazards and other risk factors that lead to illness or injury through training and enforcement.
- Conduct complaint investigations associated with swimming pools, spas and recreational waterparks.
- Perform compliance inspections on all regulated facilities to ensure adherence to design, operation and maintenance rules.
Environmental Health Specialists inspect both seasonal and year-round pools to ensure chemical levels are sufficient to protect swimmers from most harmful organisms as well as ensure adequate safety equipment is present.
Counties located within the Northeast Health District operate under the county adopted pool rules listed below.
Pool Owner/Operator Resources for All Counties
- Pool Operator Guidance
- Construction Plan Review
- Construction Permit Application
- Operation Permit Application
- Hydraulic Analysis Form
- Diarrheal Fecal Incident-Steps for Hyperchlorination
- Fecal Incident Chart
- Public Benefits Affidavit
- Legionella Fact Sheet For Pool and Hot Tub Operators