It normally takes 1 to 2 weeks to be contacted to schedule an interview.
Most interviews involve two rounds. The first round is typically conducted by the hiring manager and supervisor, and the second round is often conducted by Human Resources – although the process and interview panels may vary depending on job type and number of applicants. Some interviews involve an on-site skills assessment.
Employees who work at least 30 hours a week (75%–time) are eligible for health insurance and flexible benefits. Employees who work at least 35 hours per week will be enrolled in the Employee Retirement System (ERS).
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we appreciate your patience during the application review process. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. Please sure to check the contact methods you provided (email, phone) for messages.
Hiring managers will contact all applicants selected for interview and provide details related to the scheduled interview including address and contact information.
Yes. Each position has its own dedicated hiring manager assigned to it and requires a separate application. If your skills match the requirements of the position, the hiring manager will reach out to schedule an interview for that position.
Benefits begin 30 days after your start date, if your hire date is at the beginning of the month. A mid-month start date requires the employee to work a full calendar month before becoming benefits eligible.
Depending on position type, we offer a wide range of competitive benefits including:
- Paid annual and sick leave
- 13 paid holidays
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans, including pensions and 401(k)s that include an employer contribution that can match or exceed the employee contribution depending on years of service
- The ability to “cash out” 40 hours of accrued annual leave each year if annual and sick leave balances meet established minimums
- Student loan forgiveness through Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) and HRSA’s Nurse Corps Loan Forgiveness program for qualifying individuals
- Flexible benefits including dental and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts for health and child care.
- For a complete explanation of benefits, please visit: https://team.georgia.gov/my-benefits/
Yes! For more information about Public Service Loan Forgiveness, visit: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Greene, Madison, Morgan, and Oglethorpe counties are qualifying locations for Nurse Corps. For more information about the Nurse Corps Loan Forgiveness program, visit: https://bhw.hrsa.gov/funding/apply-loan-repayment/nurse-corps