Through our sewage program, we provide many services that help to protect public health as well as Georgia’s natural resources. These services include septic tank permits, repair permits, existing system evaluations, site evaluations, and subdivision plan reviews.
Inspections are required for septic tank permits and repair permits. Each inspection is performed by an Environmental Health Specialist according to the Rules and Regulations for On-Site Sewage Management Systems (Chapter 511-3-1). These inspections help to ensure correct installation and proper repair of domestic on-site sewage management systems.
By regulating the installation and repair of on-site sewage systems, our district helps to protect Georgia’s groundwater, drinking water and surface water from harmful organisms and chemicals.
A Homeowner’s Guide to Septic Systems is a resource developed by the EPA providing a good explanation of how septic systems work and helpful tips on maintaining your septic system. The State of Georgia’s Division of Public Health has developed other helpful resource, Homeowner’s Guide: On-Site Sewage Management Systems .
Listed below are applications and forms for each county.
Quick Links All Counties
- Steps To Obtaining A Residential Septic Permit
- Residential Septic Permit Application
- Residential Request For Service Existing System
- Site Plan Required Content
- Steps To Obtaining A Commercial Septic Permit
- Commercial Septic Permit Application
- Commercial Request for Service Existing System
- Septic Fee Schedule
- Barrow County Lot Size Ordinance
- Barrow County Preliminary Subdivision Review List
- Application Requirements for Residential Septic System Permits
- Residential Site Evaluation Request Form
- Commercial Site Evaluation Request Form
- Existing System Evaluation Request Form
- On-Site Sewage Management Failure Report Form
- Site Plan Checklist
- Engineered Site Plan Checklist
- Request to Amend Permit Application Form
- Jackson County Lot Size Ordinance
- Requirements for Septic
- Morgan County Site Evaluation Form
- Request For Existing System Evaluation
- Request For Water Sample
- Morgan EH Fee Schedule
- Morgan County Lot Size Ordinance
- Applying For A Residential Septic Tank Permit
- Septic Application Site Evaluation
- Commercial Septic Tank Permit Information
- Request For Service
- Oconee County Lot Size Ordinance
- Walton County Service Request Form
- Walton County Environmental Health Site Evaluation Form
- Subdivision Application
- Walton County Lot Size Ordinance