The Northeast Health District provides confidential low- or no cost birth control and family planning services to individuals of all ages – regardless of income – at each of our county Health Departments. We provide the same services at no charge to young people ages 11 – 19 at our Teen Clinics and county Health Departments.
- Choice of birth control method
- HPV immunizations for boys and girls
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STI), including HIV
- Pregnancy testing
- Health education and counseling on topics such as abstinence, consent, safe sex, disease protection and other health concerns
Cost for Services:
Birth control and family planning services are no charge for teens and income-based for adults.
Birth Control Options:
Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC):
- 3-yr Nexplanon implant
- 3-yr Skyla IUD
- 5-yr Kyleena IUD
- 8-yr Mirena IUD
- 8-yr Liletta IUD
- 10-yr hormone-free Paragard IUD
Other methods include Twirla patch, the Depo-Provera shot, Caya diaphragm, the Pill and Vaginal Ring. Condoms are available anytime, for free – that’s added birth control and disease protection!
Planning Your Visit:
Some services are available on a walk-in basis during regular clinic hours. However, we recommend scheduling an appointment if you need to be seen on a specific day or time.
In addition, at the time of your visit, you may be asked about your household income and family size, but proof of income is not required to receive care.