Teen Matters provides confidential health services for young people aged 11 to 19 in a teen-friendly environment.
- Birth Control
- Advice about Dating, Relationships & Risks
- Pregnancy Testing
- Testing and Treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Abstinence Education
- Decision-Making Skills
- Health Education
- HIV/AIDS Testing
- Immunizations (including the cervical cancer/HPV prevention shot)
- Nutrition & Exercise Advice
Who Uses Teen Matters Services?
Some young people come in to support friends who use our services, some come to learn ways they can stay abstinent, and others come just to talk or ask advice.
Of course, many who visit Teen Matters come to protect their health and plan for their future by getting exams and testing, immunizations, condoms and birth control.
You don’t have to be sexually active to use our services, and you shouldn’t assume that someone is sexually active just because you’ve seen them at Teen Matters. It’s a good idea to visit the clinic before you start having sex so you can talk about expectations, risks and options with one of our health educators. We’re here for you and you can ask us anything. Remember, whatever you say will remain confidential.
All services are confidential.
Below are links to the Teen Matters clinics in the Northeast Health District:
- Clarke County Teen Matters (Cedar)
- Clarke County (Central) Teen Matters
- Elbert County Teen Matters
- Jackson County Teen Matters
- Madison County Teen Matters
- Walton County–ACES